Variety, Quality, Inspired.
Mountain Cosplay Retreat is a unique getaway and photo intensive for photographers and costume artists. Participants will be paired up with each other and complete multiple photoshoots over the weekend.
A variety in styles and people will nourish an atmosphere of creativity and inspiration. Quality costumers will work with quality photographers. This retreat is for artists who love their medium and seek a new challenge for their work.
MCR is an adventure into nature. Emphasis on models in the landscape is encouraged in each photo.
What you need to know
- MCR is a camping trip! Bring your own camping gear and prepare for unpredictable weather.
- Sharing a cabin is also an option. Cabins are fully furnished and have bedding.
- The campsites are close by flush toilets, heated showers, and a meeting hall we’ll have exclusive access to.
- Transportation is NOT provided to the venue or shoot locations. Prepare to bring your own vehicle or carpool.
- Each cosplayer will be paired up with a photographer by a draw so everyone will have a chance to work with a new photographer each shoot.
- Cosplayers will be given 4 photos from each shoot and photographers will have copyrights to all their photos.
- Shoot locations will be scouted out in advance.
- Participants will have opportunities outside of the shoots to socialize, explore the area, take photos, or just relax by the campfire.
- MCR operates rain or shine and will only be postponed if a weather warning is issued by Environment Canada.